Göran Lind is adj, professor of private law at Stockholm University.
After studies at the Law Library of Congress in Washington D.C. and at the University of Uppsala I defended my doctoral thesis 2006 in Uppsala on Common Law Marriage. A Legal Institution for Cohabitation (Oxford University Press, 2008). I was associate professor at the University of Uppsala 2006-2007. Adj. professor of legal science at the University of Örebro 2012-2017 and adj. professor of private law at the University of Stockholm from 2018.
CEO of the Jura Law Institute, since 1990 educating lawyers in private practice (judges, solicitors, prosecutors, defence counsels and legal advisors).
I was in 2022 from The Emil Heijne Institute for Legal Science awarded a price on 250 000 SKR for outstanding and meritorious contributions to legal science and teaching of law.
My main focus is research on Swedish and international family law and private law, including comparative law, EU-law and Nordic family law.
Phone: +46 (8) 582 432 24
Fax: +46 (8) 582 430 10
JURA LAW INSTITUTE
P.O. Box 1946
SE-751 49 Uppsala
- Article with a commentary on a Supreme Court decision concerning the application of Swedish Cohabitation Law on the cohabitants dwelling, JT, No 3, 2022-2023.
- Updating of the Commentary on Inheritance Law, Part II, Internet version on JUNO, 2023.
- The Swedish Cohabitation Law. A Commentary, 2 ed. 2022.
- Updating of the Commentary on Inheritance Law, Part I, Internet version on JUNO, 2022.
- Updating of Case Law in Family Law (Inheritance Law), 2022.
- Polygamous Marriages in Swedish and Norwegian Law, Is there a Need for new Legislation? In A Miscellany for in honour of professor Tone Sverdrup, A Companionship for Life or a Legal Companionship (Ed. Asland, Kjaerheim Fredwall, Waerstad), pp. 278-295, 2021.
- Article with a commentary on the swedish Supreme Courts No to Anjust Enrichment between Cohabitants, JT 2019-2020.
Latest books and articles in English:
Göran Lind, et. al., Nordic Cohabitation Law, (Intersentia, Cambridge, 2015) 290 pp.
Göran Lind, Common Law Marriage. A Legal Institution for Cohabitation (Oxford University Press, New York, 2008) 1272 pp.
The book is presented on the net by the publisher.
Göran Lind, Legislation for the Surviving Co-habitant from a Comparative Perspective, in European Challenges in Contemporary Family Law (K. Boele-Woelki and T. Sverdrup eds., European Family Law Series No. 10, Antwerp, March 2008) 25 pp. The book is presented on the net by the publisher.